Thursday, November 29, 2007

Can't feel my legs

It's cold out. The sad thing is that this isn't even really that cold yet. It hasn't even dipped below zero yet. We still have 3 more months of this shit to look forward too. Yuck. I suppose when the snow falls things won't be as bad though. At least when there is snow you can do fun things like go sledding or have snowball fights, right now all you can do is bitch about how cold it is. It's that crummy time of year when there are no more leaf piles to play in, and no snow either. It's also now officailly the Christmas season. Last night The Grinch was even on tv, a little early if you ask me, but I can't really argue with The Grinch. Except for the Jim Carrey one, I hate that man. The lights are up on Grand Ave.

I also put together a winter bike last night. That means I don't have to get my good bikes rusty, and I dont have to ride tall bike all winter again. However winter tall bike riding is a sport in itself, and should be in the olympics. So yesterday I rode around for a while on my new bike, and took some more pictures of Eau Claire. They are deceptive though. I just think it's funny how Eau Claire is divided into different section that not many people go to. Some college kids never go beyond Water st. Some may make it to Pheonix park or the mall, but thats not nearly all of Eau Claire. I'm thinking when spring comes again maybe we should host some sort of bike tour of Eau Claire. But I guess right now everyones to busy trying to stay warm, and do all that school jazz.


My new winter bike. Woo hoo!

When I got home my favorite show in the whole wide world was on PBS. Some people who grew up in Wisconsin in the 90s may remember catching re-runs of this gem of television known as storylords! possibly the best WPB series ever this series follows the journies of an aspiring storylord named Norby and his advetures in the land of Mojuste fighting the evil forces of Thorzuul and his hentchman Milkbreath. The best part of this series however is the magical bike used to travel to the land of Mojouste. Check it out here http://youtube.com/watch?v=ylLevkW2UxI&feature=related If nothing else peep that hot ride 2 minites into the video. I think they even have it set up as a single speed.


No comments: