Saturday, November 3, 2007

Clap your hands

This morning I woke up and went for a bike ride around town for a couple hours. I will never get over how good it feels to go for a bike ride early in the morning before cars hit the streets, when the air is still brisk, and people are taking their dogs for a morning walk. It's one of those things that makes you feel alot more connected to your enviroment than just sitting in a car driving to mcdonalds to catch breakfast slop before they switch over to lunch slop. As much as I love late night bike rides, morning bike rides take the cake for me. Cruising down the streets while the sun is still breaking with coffee flowing through your veins is just euphoria. Around Banburry I got off my bike and climbed on the roof of a building and sat there for a while reading old grafitii saying "hope the cops catch u not me", fair enough I guess. I stook around long enough to eat the banana I brough along and took off towards Main st. Heading down Main st. hill I was feeling good enough and started to go into a skid towards the light. And sure enough the real and all its baggage of work, school, rent, familey, etc. hits me just like the blacktop.

I pulled my bike off the road by it's bent handlebars getting blood on my grips. Checked my body for less obvious injuries than the blood running down my hand, and began to walk home.

Such is life.

No comments: