Thursday, November 1, 2007

Brand new



This blog was started the day after the first ever Boneshaker Halloween bash. The sucess of the event and other bike events in Eau Claire has all led me to one conclusion. That is that the bike scene in Eau Claire is only getting bigger. The amount of fixed gears, freakbikes, bmx and other bikes seems to only be increasing. More bike racks are sprouting up to cater to this demand. The problem I see is that the bike scene lacks a catalyst to keep this scene together. Hopefully this page can help provide that catalyst.

In creating this page I am only expressing my thoughts and opinions on biking in Eau Claire, and biking in general. It is important to note that these are only my opinions, and not the voice of any group, or representation of anyone else besides myself.

As of this post I am 20 years old, and have been living in Eau Claire for about 2 years. I have been a long time bike junkie, starting out on a Huffy Mojave Gulch MTB, moving to a Schwinn powermatic Pro BMX, to a Schwinn World Sport which I later turned into a fixed gear. Now I ride a Redline triple x bmx, a Windsor the hour fixed gear, and a whole host of other tall bikes and choppers. I love bikes of all types, but try to keep everything cheap as possible.

Hopefully soon enough I will be posting pictures and other stuff on a regular basis. But posts may be limited sometimes as being a full time student, working, and being involved in other groups takes time. If you have something you want added or find intresting please feel free to contact me.

No comments: