Monday, November 26, 2007

Serious

Thanksgobbin is officially over. I ate bunches of food, and spent the night passed out on my kitchen floor. Ate more food the rest of the weekend (no food like free food), met a bunch of friends from high school and sat around a crummy little diner in our home town drinking coffee(.55/cup, free refills, eat that!) and talking about all the people we went to high school with. Then we went behind the dam and spit threw rocks at the water. After that I ran into another old friend and we stuck around at the skatepark untill it got really dark and cold. Late night conversations are fun. O nostalgia! It's strange to think about old friends, and how they just kind of dissappear. Or the awsome feeling of finding out people you didn't like in high school dropped out of college and live in their parents houses and work for the crappy restaraunt on main street,HA HA HA. I came back to EC, worked on stuff at Dan's and picked up a new project bike. It's a nice old motobecane which I plan on turning into a touring bike for this summer, so I can do some really long rides.



Now I am back in Eau Claire. back in the daily grind of school, work, rent,worry, blah blah blah. I can't wait untill this semester is over. Yea, bitch bitch bitch, I know. But as long as it's still getting close to winter I feel entitled, plus I have an exam and a paper do this week, so I can bug out all I want. O yea, bikes! We are talking about araging another meeting of the Boneshaker Bike Collective somestime soon. We want to plan a winter event (ice race, sled bikes, snow jumps, nudy rides, polar plunge?) as well as set further goals. We will soon be in posession of TWO welders, so we no longer need that much fundraising. I've also got a bunch of other ideas rolling around I want to talk about. I'll figure all that out and keep information here.

Choppa daze

I was also informed that some people are working on a free school here in Eau Claire, and Dan and I were thinking of doing some bike workshops, or welding workshops, so we will see what comes of that. More news is we were formally invited to next years Outdoor Festivle of The Arts. Last year we showed up unanounced with a bunch of bikes and baisically just hung out all day letting people try them out, getting food, and giving rides on the pedicab. This year they asked if we would like to do a booth or something. Whew, too much typing, time to go get some food.



No comments: