Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tiny lights below

Spring time in Eau Claire means it's time for the river to flood over on the bike trail. The levels are up and the current is rushing. I saw some people out fishing yesterday, and couldn't help but wonder how there boat didn't tip over. The weather is miserable, and it looks like it's going to stay that way for at least the rest of the week. Which hopefully will provide incentive for people to attend the BFF. Yesteday Anna and I went out to eat and on the way out I grabbed a new Volume One. To my suprise right there on the cover was "Bicycle Film Fest" WHAT? I checked it out and sure enough V1 was kind enough to do a little write up on the ECBFF. Which is an awesome little bit of promotion. About a minuite into looking at the article my phone rang. It was the Leader-Telegram looking for the scoop. They were looking for some pictures so I told them to stop by the THur. night ride tonight, so anyone looking to get their mug in the Leader-Telegram should stop by Racy's 6:30 tonight. This is subject to change, however it sounds like it should happen.
Yesterday I spent a while moving into my new place on Hobart. It's getting pretty exciting. I guess it's the whole springtime idea of rebirth or whatever. The idea of moving to a new house having new(crazy) neighbors, getting new routes around town, etc. is really cool. Granted it's kind of scary, and kind of sucks moving further away from downtown, but I think I can handle it. I'm nervous as hell about the BFF, and I hope attendence is good. I've been thing alto abuot all the places I could have put flyers, and all the people I should have talked to to help promote but didn't. I guess at this pont it's really out of my hands, and up to everyone else to make it a work well. I'll probobly be bringing a small grill and some boca burgers, hopefully the weather will permit some grilling. I'm also quickly realizing the need for me to get to work on my touring tall bike. Once again I'll blaim it on the weather. I gues I'm goign to go do some last minuite flyering.

No comments: