Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Roots

I was browsing the WI Historical society site, because I'm a nerd, and I found a bunch of old pictures of bikers in Wisconsin. I love old pictures of cyclists, just because I feel like riding a bike is a really positive common experience that can translate easily across time. It's cool to look at the pictures and be able to know more or less exaclty how these people are feeling while they ride. Anyway here are a few of my favorites.


Prarie cat?



Check out the rake in the head tube.


I love all the people standing in the background dressed really nice watching these two ride by.
"Sweet Schwin Billy!"
Velodrome in Milwaukee
Janette Serac "Age should be only a ripening, not a withering"
Notice the two on the lower right

1 comment:

AG said...

so awesome, especially the velodrome picture.