Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I do what I want, sometimes.



It's 65 degrees out and I'm expected to sit in class all day. Not hapening. First off a big thanks to everyone that made it out to BFF. I had a really good time, and hope everyone else did. I'm really no trouble was had other than a few technical dificulties. It's never a good sign when there is tape all over the DVD player, presumabley holding it together. Today I was heading to class to fail a quiz, when I asked if that is really how I wanted to start my day off. The answer was a resounding no. Just as I was walking out of the building THomas called me and told me that he just quit his job. I guess spring is in the air, and it's just not right to be sitting inside on days like today. We rode up to Mt. Simon and hung out on the cliffs and had a beer and talked shit about the things we don't like. It was a really good time, but after a while we took off and headed back downtown. My tire got another hole in it, and we sat around the gas station while I patched it. This makes 3 patches, the tire is clearly fucked but I can't find the thing that keeps puncturing my tube. Unfortunetly it looks like Im stuck investing in a new tube and tire. Major bummer. I got alkl patched up and we rode down to Buddhas to hang out for a while. I found out that the teenage mutant nionja turtles are only suppose to be 15 years old, while April O'Neil is 27. There is something very disturbing about that. I went out to my bike to find out my tire had gone flat again. Ran home and got another bike to head to class to drop off a paper that was due. As usual when I write a paper the night before, the prof pushes back the date, so my hustle was in vain. Now I am here seriously wondering how one class can throw me for such a loop. An hour and a half ago I was on top of the world, now I can't help but think about all the shit I should have done this morning, and all of the things I should do tonight. I'm stressing over school and work and life and how am I going to get all of this done with so little time left? I guess all of the shit I talked earlier today is coming back and getting rubbed in may face. It's fun and easy to blow off obligations, but it leads to a major headfuck once you decide to do them. So I guess the moral of the story is do what you want to do, sometimes. Or else do it all the time and forget the consequences.


After I wrote all of that I got another call from Thomas. Aparently a change in venu was hapening at his other job, and to celebrate we went out for drinks. It was a long good night. We went to Bens house and had a few, then headed down to the joynt for a while and hung out for a long time untill we decided to head back to bens. We stopped at Pad Thai and had some awesome food, which I ate way to much of. Finally got back to the house played video games and drank. John, Amanda and Lauren all came over and it was a really good time. Around midnight we headed to the Stones Throw for bloody marys, and ran into Tony from Underloud. We all sat around and shot the shit for a while untill Tony took off and we headed down to Bottle and Barrel to finish off the night with some awesome dancing to some awesome music. During the course of the day I payed maybe $8 for good beer, good food, and good company. I gues sthe point of all this is that when I left from writing the first part of this I was in a kind of depressed mood, but it's amazing how quick that can turn around. Especially when you are surrounded by good people. I guess it's really our friends and familey who pull us through life.

No comments: