Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas gone



I've been gone for a long time and this is a re-cap of whats been up. Stories of biking but not alot of big news. Read at your own discretion.


Today started like a bad slapstick comedy. I stubbed my toes on every corner and dropped everything I tried to pick up. I went for a ride and caught a crack in the rode which sent me right into a puddle. My mittens and pants are soaked and dirty. At least the library is calm and warm. I havn't wrote in a long time because I've been away from computers or busy doing other stuff. Thomas needed a place to crash for a few days before x-mas so he came over last Wednesday. With nothing to do and no money to do it we decided to gor ride the bus around town for a while. There is no better way to see what a city is like than to ride it's public transportation. You get to see alot of intresting people from around town and all you have to do is sit around. Eventually we got off at the mall and walked around for a while. The anithesis of the city bus it was overcrowded loud cold and unfriendly. Some lady yelled about her taco shells being cold and we left. While we were waiting for the bus a car full of hip guys drove by and called us "fags 1 2 3" High school all over again. We made it back downtown and walked home. It was a really beautiful day and we took are time weaving through alleys. Anna took off for work, and Thomas and I got bored and got to talking which inevitabley leads to self loathing when your homeless I guess. Like a die hard Thomas suggested we go buy some alcohol and like someone with a weak will worn down by the holiday season I agreed. We rode down to Stave and hoop and realized we had no money so we rode across town to the bank. We Ran into Brad,his girlfriend, and Bones on Bartsow and talked for a while. We eventually made our way back down to Water and bought a 30 pack intent on finding some place secluded to sit and drink.




We saw some Minnesotan get stuck in the snow so we stopped and helped push him out. I love the feeling of two guys on bikes riding up to someone in a flashy car and pushing his car out of a snow bank. We rode back to my house and chilled out for a while. Eventually we made our way under some bridges and through a cementary where we stopped for a while. Before the cold could set in we took off again and went to my house looking for food. We sat around and played playstation untill Anna got home then we all drank and tried to relax from the things that were bothering us.

Hey, is that lemuria?


The next day Anna and I hung out and Tom actually went to work. Not a lot happened. When Tom got back we baisically repeated the last night, only with less booze. We rode bikes around town and ran into a bunch of weird people who stopped us and told us we should try to "take our bikes to the coast and sell them" Advice which we've both heard countless times before and disregarded every time. Intresting enough in the leader telegram there was an article about a guy in Califronia trying to bring back the swing bike craze. The company is here http://www.americasbikecompany.com/Swing_King_Expert_Swing_Bike_p/301-01-03.htm They are trying to sell them for almost $400 when you can build one for free. I couldn't help but laugh. I also found irony in the fact that they are called Americas bike company and the bikes are made in China. Please build your own, and don't support these jokers. The beer ran out and we rode for a little while longer and went back to my house to waste our brains watching tv and crash.


The next day I decided to visit my dad a few days early for x-mas. The anticipation of his voice at the prospect of his kids coming home early to see him was enough of a selling point. My dad is an incredible person that I admire with all my heart. I will never understand how he can be such a calm understanding person even when he's confronted with really hard decisions or situations, and he is always there to offer advice. Even after my mom died he made sure that my sisters and I never had any serious problems. My childhood was never a breeze (whose is?) but I feel like with anyone else but my dad it could have been alot worse. Anyway I spent the past few days in Cadott with my familey eating junk food and being lazy. Christmas afternoon Anna and I were reunited and we headed back to Eau Claire to do our x-mas. I got a bunch of great gifts from everybody including a digital camera, and lots of books to read. That pretty much brings everything up to date. This morning I went for a ride before I came to the library. My pants are still wet (they smell now too) and so are my mittens.

Only other news I can think of is that kayla and Ryan got there bikes on fixed gear gallery here.

1 comment:

AG said...

thats pretty cool that cayla and ryan got their bikes on fgg. i can't wait to get back to EC and ride bikes with you and everyone else the first thurs. back