Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Some call it education


Thank god I'm done with school in no more than 3 hours. Of course I get to come back but a month off visiting firneds and relaxing will be incredible. I took off work for most of break so I'm goignto be more porr than ever in 2 weeks, but right now it seems like a good idea. Sometimes I wonder why anyone would want to pay so much money to go through so much stress. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life, but the more I think about it the less it seems like I want to sit around in a sterile classroom being talked at. At this point I can't quite, I'm already too far in debt and whenever I talk to familey about it they talk me into staying for the rest of my degree. I think it's funny that some people know what they want to do the second they step foot into college, and the rest of us are left wandering around drifting through our classes with no idea. O well, I guess it's one of those things where if I knew what I knew now in high school maybe I would never have gone and just packed my bags and began wondering around the country. Thats a little too much pessamism though, I've met alot of good people through school, and I love learning, I just dislike the enviroment in which it is conducted. Too much to think about on a day where I should be happy.





Monday night Dan and I rode over to Dooleys to check out the CORBA meeting that Chris told me about. Dan rode his incredible chopper sidecar bike as pictured above. The bike looks even cooler in real life, and the fully adjustable sidecar makes it evident how good of a builder Dan really is. Dan told me he is moving to Hawaii for a few months to go work landscaping. I guess he's planning on bringing a bike, a tent and a bag of clothes, lucky. Anyway, we rode to the CORBA meeting and by the time we got there I realized that my blinker had fallen off my pocket somewhere on the ride over. SO if you find a tail light on 5th Ave. please hook me up with it. We sat around for a while and had a pretty good time. The cyclocross race coming up this summer was the main topic. After a while we took off, and went to our respective homes.


This is Eau Claire, Not LA. Cover art to for a new axegrinder album?


Tuesday before work I went for a ride to Carson park. I got to see the firefighters out on halfmoon lake cutting holes in the ice and diving in. Maybe they were looking for treasure. I took a break and sat around on the bleachers for a while untill I realized that it was the middle of December in Wisconsin. I went over to the Paul Bunyan Logging camp and talked to Paul for a while, realizing just how wierd of a place Wisconsin is. Anyone can ride bikes in So. Cal. it takes alot to ride around in the north. Especially in a city that has 2 bike lanes in the entire city, and is like a miniature San Francisco. As much admiration I have for this place I still have the same yearning to leave as most Wisconsinites seem to have. It's like at a certain point you no longer desire the hardships WI offers. Cold, seasonal depression, high taxes, high prices, crappy roads, etc. I guess it's these things that also make us stay though. People who live in this state have to have a certain gutso to live somewhere stigmatized as "worse than hell" by Kevin Smith (If you don't get the referance see the movie Dogma). Granted through time a fair share of us seem to lose our minds, but that just adds to the crazy ambience that is Wisconsin. Anyway my point as convoluted as it may be is that I have a love hate relationship with the place I live. Right now I am as indecisive as I am hungry. Have a good vacation everyone. Give me a call and we can hang out in EC.

Deep V's?

No comments: