Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The blow



I don't care that much about cold, and I can't say I mind the snow much either, but I hate wind. I'm so tired of riding into the wind no matter where I go. Thank god I don't live in North Dakota or something, I would probobly kill myself. It snowed a bunch more yesterday. All I could think about at work was coming home and getting to shovel. Not in a bad sense though. I lived in the country for most of my life, and never got to experience shoveling sidewalks, so now that I live in a city I get super excited at the prospect of being able to go out and shovel. Then I can go inside kick off my shoes and join the groaning masses in complaing about "gad damn snow I have to shovel three times a day" and complain about my back. I can not explain how stoked this makes me. Monday night Anna and I went to acoustic and saw a new bike that dan built sitting outside. It's a chopper with a removable sidecare built on, it's incredible. I called Dan and he told me he just dropped it off there because the derailer messed up so we went in and had some Hummus hogies a.k.a heaven on a bun, and some coffee. Dan showed up a little later with his new tall bike and hung out for a while. Then Anna and I went home and put up our Christmas tree. It is beautiful, and decked out with random bike parts. DIY x-mas tree decorations are as easy as tearing apart a cassete hub, painting the cogs silver, and hanging them up.
I don't care what cynics say I looooove the Christmas season, and puttting up a tree, eating junk food, and watching the grinch is easily one of my favorite things in life, even more so than shoveling sidewalks. I'm super excited to give gifts to my friends and familey, and of course get all kinds of x-mas candy, open presents, eat huge breakfasts and listen to awful x-mas music. i ditched my mountian bike and decided to ride a fixed gear this winter. They are funner, faster, and snow and icy roads allows for excessivly long skids. Monday night I went out and rode around for a while with the sole intent on attempting to skid a while block, down hil of course, I'm not that cool. So I want to put together a winter fixed egar but I need to buy tires, which I will do some day, maybe.

The most important news of the day however is that the new Tender Forever cd is out, and it's insanely good. You can listen to the whole album for free here http://www.krecs.com/tenderforeverwider/
Other stuff I'm listening to to get into a warm winter mood is
and the newest Paul Baribeau http://www.myspace.com/paulbaribeau
Listen or die, or don't.

No comments: