Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yaw

I'm back in EC, its cold out and school is back in session, BOOO! Although I'm excited for a new semester and being one more closer to graduation I can't help but anticipate all the stress that working more again and going to school brings. On the bright side There is the opportunity to meet more new people and learn new stuff. I would have posted sooner but like I say I was in Chicago and by the time I got back all the computer labs were closed untill today. Chicago was an awesome time and I had lots of fun with lots of good people. Ben and I showed up MOnday afternoon and hung out for a while and then we started taping into the booze. Kierstan and Thomas made some yummy pasta and we ate and drank. If I recall correctly a wraslin' match ensued between kiersten and I which ended with my shirt off and a bunch of tattoos. I was the designated shirtless drunk.
Eventually someone pulled out a taser and we played with that for a little while before we all passed out. The next day Thomas Ben, Kiersten, and I went out to do all the touristy stuff that one should do while in Chicago. First we went to Sultans and got some awesome fallafels in and caught the L and a few buses to go to see the bean and the rest of millenium park. We walked around where all the big buildings are and got to see where all the cool bike messengers hang out. Lots of messenger hats and chrome bags. It was all really cool and I got a bunch of stupid photos. After that we decided to go to the Licoln Park zoo and look at all the furry little animals. We took a long bus ride down the magnificent mile and finally made it to the zoo. Most of the animals were inside so we got to check them out inside. We sall all kinds of cute little otters and ben poked a tiger and we all ran away. We also got to see a bunch of wierd arctic birds go nuts. EVentually we headed back into the city for a ride later that night.

That night we went for a ride. I got an alright chopper loaner and Ben had to borrow a super squirlly one. We rode for a while and played a round of foot down. We went to a dumpster and got a bunch of really really really good baked goods. Dumpstered food in chicago is better then real food in Eau Claire. We went through some alleys and found a dead lizzard in a garbage can. Someone decided to pul it out and put it in the tree next to the garbage just as the home owners were getting back. Then we headed for a foundry to see them make steel. The workers were nice enough to open the garage doors so we could see them doing whatever it was they did. Baisically they got big things of scrap metal and dumped them into hot furnaces and they made a little firey explosion. IT was pretty cool but eventually we all got cold and headed to Gregs house for hot co-co. Then we made our way back to crash for the night. Jessie staye dover that night so the house was filling up with kids sleeping on the floor.
The next day was pretty uneventful. Everyone at the house split different ways to work and stuff. Jessie, Ben, Thomas, and I went to the grocery store and came back and watched a movie. People kept falling asleep so Ben and I went for a walk around the city and got some pizzza and doughtnuts. Later that night we went for another walk down to logan square and slid around on the ice like little kids. The next day we hung out most of the day and during the evening Kiersten was sweet enough too cook us all some great stir fry and a bunch of people came over. It was super cold out but THomas Robin and I walked to the store to buy some more beer. When we got back a bunch of people were over. A few I met the other night on the ride but there was some other folks I had never met. The rest of the night was drinking and talking untill 4am. Eventually we passed out and Ben and I took off the next day bright and early.


I really can't thank people in Chicago enough for putting up with a couple dirty kids sleeping on their couch. It was awesome to meet a bunch more people with the same intrests as me and see all kinds of new stuff. There are so many things about Chicago I am incredibly jelous of. But at the same time I love so many things about where I live now. Being in chicago makes me realize how much I need to start recruiting for Rat Patrol In EC though. Rumor has it Chicago folks might be making a trip up this summer and I want to show them a really good time so recruiting goals are going up. St. Ratricks is in a few months and I would love to make a good showing for that as well as all the other events coming this summer. Now is deffinetly the time for anyone intrested in building bikes to get started. The hard work has been done and all you need to do now is build a bike make some colors and get on the train.

Im really excited for this year and I can't wait to see what happens. If anyone wants to gor ide or build some bikes or just hang out get in touch.

In other news the guy who runs the Bike Snob NYC blog (which I despise) wrote a piece on freak bike clubs. It's really stupid but it's kind of funny. I do however maintain that that guy is dumb. You can read it here http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/01/apoca-watch-update-retirees-on-tall.html

Im hungry and Im going to go eat some boca burgers I found on sale.






No comments: