Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Capital City


 The Capital City Alleycat was on Saturday and it was a ton of fun.  I headed down fully expecting to race, get totally lost, and simply try to finish. I threw in for the start and got my manifest all mapped out when the organizers said they needed a hand on a few checkpoints.  Feeling pretty half-hearted about racing I threw in the towel and decided to man a checkpoint instead.  I rolled over to Olbrich park and waited for the start, within 15 minutes I saw a few riders running to me so I ran into the lake and made them come get their feet wet to get their manifests signed.

 After the initial rush I pretty much assumed everyone had hit my stop first so I retreated to the shade and laid low for an hour so until I got the call to head back.
 I ended up missing the finish line gathering and just headed over to One Barrel for a few drinks with some folks including one of the race organizers before rolling to Revolution Cycles for the after party.  While it was a bit smaller than what I'm use to after helping out with so many alleycats in EC the party was still off the hook and I don't think I got in the door at home until around 3:30.  

 I totally glossed over a lot of details, but it's bed time for me and  suffice it to say it was a killer time and hats off to the organizers.  Organize another one soon so I can race it and win some hot prizes.  

No comments: