Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home!

I'm back in EC and have lots and lots of pictures to post. Unfortunelty Jen snagged my camera so I am without for now. In the mean time suffice it to say I am incredibly happy to be back home and super stoked to ride bikes tomorrow. Until then check out some stuff that my friend David sent me.

"Pling. All of sudden this little bicycle-friendly detail showed up on the urban landscape in Copenhagen one day. I'm quite sure that very few people have noticed it, except for the people who roll up next to it.

Which is the point, really.I'm talking about the railings that the man is holding onto and resting his foot on. It's located on a little traffic island on which cyclists who are heading straight on wait. The City of Copenhagen has implemented this double railing simply as a convenience for the cyclists who stop here. A high railing to grasp with your hand and a foot railing for putting your foot up, if that's what you fancy doing. Either way you can also use the railing to push off when the light changes."







I feel like it is important to note that the guys speeding away on the scooter just robbed a place and had the bike getting thrown at them coming. Lesson:Don't rob places on a scooter.

All Via the very cool Copenhagen Bike Zine Blog

No comments: