Monday, January 25, 2010

Bike workshop!

Dan sent me this update via facebook on a bike workshop he will be hosting as part of the Eau Claire Community Free School project. This is a really cool idea and I encourage people to participate and learn more. Where you ask? Here!

Anyway, more info on the workshop:


Saturday, February 6, 2010
Time:
2:00pm - 5:00pm
My(Dan's) House
623 Fall St

This is a beginners Bike Mechanics class. Bring your bike and get some hands-on education! If you have tools, bring them too. I have two bike stands and enough tools for two. Topics covered will include:

- Tools
- Cleaners and Lubricants
- Bike Evaluation
- Parts
- Regular MaintenanceBike Fit
- saddle height
- stand over height
- seat angle
- stem/bar height/distance from seat

Tires and Tubes
- Proper Inflation
- Right tires for the job
- Rim Tape
- Finding and Fixing a Flat

Chain
- Cleaning and Lubrication
- Tensioning (for single speeds/fixed gears)

Brakes
- Alignment Tips
- Cable Adjustment BasicsDerailleurs
- How they work- Basic Adjustments
- Cable Problems

If you have suggestions on what you want to learn, please let me know! I'll try and include everything I can

No comments: