Monday, July 27, 2009

loudest quiet noises

First and foremost. Chris Magyar is back in town. If you see him buy him a beer. Now if onlyhe would update his website...

Second off. It is raining outside, and I am fine with that because it gives me an awesome excuse to be lazy and read all the books I bought at work the other day.

Third, we are living the dream. Last night Zacher and I talked for a while about how happy lots of people are with eating shitty food, not exercising, not leaving the house, never challenging themselves, and generally living what they would probably concede are less than happy lives. It proabaly sounds really self-rightous and egomaniacal but it is fucking awesome that most of us are beyond that point. In the past week or so I have sat by tons of campfires, riden my bike miles, had awesome conversations, stayed up way too late on many occasions. I think it was Andy or Zacher who pointed out that we have all gotten really really good at just chilling out and relazxing with friends. Which seems like a trivial thing to brag about but at a certain point you have to appreciate the fact that you can honestly sit back and say you are really enjoying your life. Because there are a ton of people out there who are not. And most likely will not for a long time simply due to the fact that they have become dependent on all sorts of crutches to make them happy. I guess I don't really know where this is going but I am in a pretty good mood because I had a lazy lazy week and got to do a bunch of fun things(swimming, cliff jumping tent sleeping, mucho drinking) and I just wanted to extoll the virtues of living the good life.

Fourth. Biek polo is starting soon. Because it has to. We are thinking Sunday nights at Phoenix park. I also talked to a guy in Menomonie doing polo stuff and there may be a trip there. Hopefully in the future we can make trips to and fro for competitions.

Fifth. All City Championships coming up soonish. I want to do the alleycat on Saturday.(stolen from bike jeks blog)

August 20-23rd

Thursday: 2 minute trick comp

Friday: Match Sprints (are you fast enough to beat the Robeast?), Miss n Out (crit style), trackstandSaturday day: Polo, Freeride (booze cruise)

Saturday night: All City Championship Alleycat (the most bad ass summer race around, if you think you're fast. show up and prove it. I'm looking at you Milwaukee and Chicago)

Sunday: Polo finals

Sixth, the city cut off Andrews ghost bike. Another on should go out ASAP.

Finally, the tour is done. Check it out



1 comment:

JonErik said...

about the Duerkop bike, patty (andrew's mom) called the city and went and picked it up, so it is safe at patty's house...i guess they "have" to pick up bikes that have been there for a certain amount of time....