Friday, October 26, 2012

Johnny Law


I think it's pretty common for kids to make fun of lawyers a long time before they even have any concept of what they even do.  At least I know as a kid I knew throughout my early adolescence I repeated lawyer jokes I had no idea what they meant I just knew that lawyers were some sort of fanged heartless creatures that migrated from pond scum into suits and ties and a life spent without needing to deal with one of them is a sign of a life well led.  Obviously my viewpoint has changed a bit since then, and while I remain cynical about the legal code and those who enforce it at all levels I was pretty happy to see this post from the WI Bike Fed blog today.

The upshut of which is something cyclists have known for a long time. The laws on the books need to change to give cyclists a fair safe space on the road and punish those who refuse to accommodate   In my opinion you should not be able to hit and kill a cyclist and ever be able to drive a car ever again. You had your chance, you blew it, too bad.  And this new Vulnerable User law seems like the ticket that might get us there.  It's Friday, the sun is shining, and pro-bicycle legislation is being talked about. Today is a good day.
 

 

No comments: