Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday


 Whenever I sense my mood shifting towards the worse I can usually self diagnose pretty quickly by thinking about how much riding I've been getting in at the time.  Lately that hasn't been very much.  I've been pre-occupied with the stresses of living in a new city, meeting new people, working all the time, and a stupid lack of ambition.  Tuesday I finally put that stuff aside and went on an aimless trail hunt.  I've been borrowing a Tsunami cross bike lately and at last I took the time to put clicky pedals on it and hit every trail section in sight.


 Looking for trails and paths less traveled send you on a lot of short paths with a lot of turning around and doubling back at dead ends, but it's also totally worth it.  In a couple hours of riding I hit everything from grass path to gravel roads and crushed limestone bike trails before drafting  a pathalete back into town and stopping off at Quarry ridge for a celebratory drink.  I can't think of a better way to spend a Tuesday evening. 

  The weather is gorgeous, go outside, ride your bike. 

No comments: