Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Saturday

 Saturday was a complete blast.  After sleeping in to the late hour of 10am I finally crawled out of bed made a huge breakfast got a few things caught up on and headed out to Quarry Ridge for some mountain biking.  I was pleasantly surprised and ran into a couple friendly faces and we rode a handful of laps together before breaking apart and I hung out for another 45 minutes or so before heading home to clean up for the Rev Cycles Pig Roast.  
 I arrived fashionably late, found the keg and a plate and got to business.  The whole afternoon was a blast and I got to meet a bunch of awesome new people, drink a bunch of great beer, eat a bunch of awesome food, and before I knew it it was dark out and we were out of beer.

 A handful of us hopped on our bikes and grabbed some pizza where I was met with this conversation. 

Person: "Where are you from?"
Me: "Eau Claire"
Person: "EAU CLAIRE!? YOU ARE THE GUS WHO ALWAYS GET CRAZY AND TAKE YOUR SHIRTS OFF! I'M SUPRISED YOUR STILL DRESSED!"

I felt pretty good about that conversation.  Afterwards we bolted to some establishment on State where I wondered around trying to talk to strangers before the curtain was drawn on the night and I began the long trek home.
  Sunday I left the house for a haircut and spent the rest of the day resting in bed. Totally deserved. 


No comments: