Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reality

Friday night a handful of us loaded up and headed out to Levis to celebrate a marriage, ride bikes, and get loose. I feel like it's to the point in the year where you finally start noticing the days getting shorter and the nights getting cooler and begin cramming in as much in every day as you can before winter gets here and you kiss long wasted summer days good bye.  That said every weekend for the next month is booked up and I plan on being drug into winter kicking and screaming. 
We showed up Friday night, set up camp, got on our bike and headed out for a night ride to the bluffs.  I keep kicking myself in the crotch for not bringing my camera on excursions like this because the views of the night sky were absolutely gorgeous.  After struggling to keep up we finally got back to camp and set to the fire and getting loose until the wee hours of the morning.
After running to town for second breakfast and no less then a gallon of coffee we got back to the site and hit the trail again.  It's a hard feeling to describe huffing up a hill with your lungs burning and legs aching and just wanting to quit one second and then turning the corner and seeing awesome vistas and long winding downhills to open up down smiling ear to ear.  Especially on trails as nice as the ones at Levis.  So I won't try to describe it any further, just go out and ride it for yourself. 

Back at camp we sat around ate a ton of grillables hit the trail again came back ate some more and went for a little night hike.

Got back rode bikes over the fire(accidental deleted my one decent photo of this) chopped down a tree and again turned in at an ungodly hour.

Sunday morning I got into a huge argument with my body regarding it's functionality and how it should be allow me to ride more despite what occurred the night before.  After about 45 minutes of riding my body won and I limped back to the camp site to take handfulls of ibuprofen and completely shut down as a human being while those around me rode off into the hills with smiling.  Everyone got back, we loaded up, went home, and I stood in the shower for half an hour before passing out early.  All in all a success. next weekend, Eau Claire.    

No comments: