Thursday, November 10, 2011

snow

This morning I woke up to something that I've been anticipating for the past three weeks.  Snow.  Not a lot of it, but just enough for me to jump out of bed and make a go outside to make a few snowballs and bring some in to rub all over my cats face.  The weather dudes have been saying this is coming for the past three days now and that means for the past three days people have been bitching about it and talking about how they aren't ready for winter/cold/blah blah blah.  Don't get me wrong, I've had my "Oh shit, the leaves aren't all raked up yet" old man freakout as well, but the second the snow falls that goes out the window.  I love winter.  I love snow and cold and sweatshirts and slippers, and all of that feelgood winter stuff.  And even though the snow from this morning is already gone, that is now my frame of mind. Everything from here on out is in the context of winter.  The next two or three weeks with no snow will all be, "holy balls, can you believe it's been winter with no snow for three weeks?! We are some lucky load of ding dongs!"  Because the sooner people just shut up and accept the inevitability of winter the sooner we can all start basking in the fun parts of winter, and start vindicating ourselves for sleeping in, eating too much, daytime drinking, wearing sweatpants for days on end, looking unkempt, and we can all start to feel those warm fuzzies midwesterners get for putting up with living in a wasteland half of the year. Anyway, it's fleeting, but winter is here suckers.  Don't forget TNR tonight and Ghettocross Saturday.  


Also, if you like funny things, this really funny thing is going on in EC on Saturday.  Check it out.

No comments: