Wednesday, November 30, 2011

huayno

Their are certain things that I would rather just have forgotten.  Then something comes along and reminds you of some past terror from your life. Though how it happened is still unclear to me, today I was reminded of Wendy Sulca.  Who is Wendy Sulca you ask? Turn it up to 11.



Back when we were visiting my sister in Peru several years ago nearly every place you would go in the Andes was blasting huayno music.  Imagine being motion sick on a bus for 5 hours trying to sleep in a cramped seat freezing your ass off while the speaker above you is making that noise as loud as it can go. All night, then day in and day out. Suffice it to say I am less than pleased that this memory that I had buried deep in my lizard brain has resurfaced. While we're on the topic of terribly obnoxious music. Here's some footage of this years SSCXWC set to the inspired verse of Israeli taste makers Infected Mushroom.  Perfect jams for mashing on your equally as ridiculously monikered Thruster Fixie Bike.




Sorry about this one folks, but I just needed to get it out of my system. Now if you'll excuse me their are some m-80s around here somewhere that have a date with my eardrums.

No comments: