Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Shaker

And now onto the goods.

This week was really really fun. More fun than 12 normal people could have at 6 Flags the Mall of America and Noahs Ark in a week. I don't rmemeber much untill Thursday when I rode up to a car broken down at the intersection of 1st and Lake and threw my bike to the side of the road and single handedly pushed the dark blue chunk of steel through the intersection making toast of my hands and then grabbing my bike and riding through. I have never felt like more fo a man in my entire life. A feeling that was only amplified by eating at my grandmas house almost immediatly afterwards.

A gaggle of people showed up for the ride and we loaded up Dereks panniers and rode out to big falls. It was hot and sweaty and long and really fun. We swam in the hot water until the sun went down and we layed out on the warm rocks under the stars for a long time before loading up and riding back into town lights out under the cover of night. During the sprint(the super awesome sprint) back into town we got split up and reconvened at Dereks house for a pool party and more beverages.

I went down the water slide a bunch of times and threw up in the bushes.

Then we ordered mega pizza from toppers and sat around for a long time drinking slow and eating fast until we all headed to our respective homes.

I don't remember what I did Friday night but I'm sure it was full of excitement and intrigue. Make up your own stories. Make sure they involve a pretty girl, throwing stars, and a fast car.
Saturday I went to 2009: A Beer Odyssey and got to see a whole bunch of people who I haven't seen in a long time, and once again drink to the point of stumbling to the back seat of my car to hang out the door and puke for an hour or so. I got back to the show and saw more friends, gave more hugs, drank a gallon and a half of water stood around in the rain, and eventually got in my car and headed back to town, stopping at a burger king to get fries and a veggie burger and read the New York Times in a booth by myself for an hour just to make sure any remaining alcohol in my system was drowned or squashed into submission.

Sunday I stayed up late playing Ghost in the Graveyard and porch sitting.
Monday I made a point of getting up late and doing nothing all day.
Today I made a point of getting up early and enjoying the cool air.
Joynt tonight? I think yes.

Also Stolen from EC velo blog

"Craig Manthe wants EC Velo to course martial and man the Monster Energy Zone at the Firecracker mountain bike race on Sunday, July 5th. All volunteers will receive a t-shirt and goody-bag. Try to get to the Expo center behind Action City by 8am. I'm pretty sure beer drinking will be ok too. Contact me if anyone has any questions.Also, on Monday, June 29th, there will be a course ride and grill out (and beer!) for people who will be volunteering for the Firecracker. You can get more info straight from Craig there. Course ride will start at 5pm at Lowes Creek on the Lowes Creek Road side with grilling to come after. I'll try to make it out there myself, but I have to work at 8pm.More Firecracker

info:http://www.wors.org/schedule/event.php?e=13 "

A bunch of us volunteered last year and had a freaking awesome time. You get to see a lot of cool bikes meet cool people get free stuff, and most importantly you get to use a walky talky. So yea, everyone not doing anything that day should make a point of showing up. Contact Derek for more info probably. Or show up Thursday with questions.

Also, a bunch of us are doing the RiverWest24, more people from EC should attend. Its going to be super fun.

Thats all! BYE!

No comments: