Monday, September 22, 2008

grand machine

The alleycat went off on Sat. awesome. Attendence exceeded 30 people, and the course was really fun and fast. I rode the whole ride with Adam and we came in 12. Not bad, but I was hoping for top ten. In retrospect there are a few things I know I could have done that would have helped alot (not staying up with bottles of wine untill past midnight being one) but its behind me now, and I had tons of fun anyway. Props to all the racers for being courtious and safe. I hope to see everyone next time. I will destroy you all. After the race I rushed across town and rode triple tall in the parade down town. Riding a bike three stories tall at redicoulously slow speeds with no brakes surrounded by children is really scary. Democrats like to stop in front of you and take pictures while you struggle to not run them over.
After the parade Dan and I justled back to racys where a few people were still hanging out. Then the party moved to Mt. Simon where alchoholic beverages were consumed and cliffs were jumped off of. It was lots of funn even though the late summer water was really cold. Enough was enough and we cleaned up changed and met up at mogies for burgers. Best ooptions for veggie burgers anywhere in EC. Mogies lasted for a long time when the party moved to Scotts for playing on bikes, hanging out, and drinking more. Lots of fun and good people even though I was getting super tired. The rest of the night blurred out. I remember a posse going to Hilltop, Scooters for a dance party, and ending the night with a shirtless ride around town trying to follow Chris Z. ALl in all it was a really fun night. Pretty typical of EC Velo Club nights. there are lots of pictures of the race floating around so maybe Ill post more later.

I'm really busy and hungry so Im going to go now. Listen to Scotts radio show Local Independence this Sunday on WUEC 89.7 at 7pm and I will be doing a reading from my new zine coming out soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see ya rocking the vox

Check this out
http://www.shredordie.com/videos/4d14fe6570