Friday, February 29, 2008

Misery is the river of the world

I feel like today is the first time in over a month that I've acctually been able to sit down and breathe. Every semester I can't help but wonder why it is that I'm paying so much money to go through school when it's so stressfull. I guess it's just strange to me how quickly Profs forget what it was like to work, got to school, and try to maintain any resemblance of personal relationships with people. Over the past month I've found alot of stuff out about alot of people both good and bad. I may have talked about this before but it still amazes me how much people are willing to talk to you abot if your willing to sit and listen. Not just hear what they have to say, but genuinly listen. I hate to sound like a Kleenex commercial, but I feel like I've had a few of those experiences recently. I've been losing track of all the things I said I wanted to change about myself this year, and I'm finally begining to remember certain things. Namely we all have problems big and small, and you never know what other people have gone through untill you take the time to listen to them. Yea, it's been a pretty fucked up month.

I guess one of the few things that I know I always have is riding my bike. I think in one of my first posts I talked about how when you ride bikes no matter what happens around you you know that at least you have that one thing. Untill your bikes are all broken down, then your really in trouble. Unfotunetly nature played a cruel joke on us all and dumped a bunch more snow last night right when I thought spring was coming. Yesterday I hung out with Katie most of the day. We went to acoustic and finally stopped down at underloud and picked up some new shoes. It's about time considering the tounges of my old ones were ripping out. Later Thomas and I took a decent ride around Altoona and the north side before the snow started coming down. We got back into town and realized that I had a bunch of homework to get done, so I reluctantly left Brads house to go finish that. Stopped down at Racys to pick up a cog from Chris and went back to the library untill 7:30 when katie, anna, and I went to acoustic for the poetry slam. It was a pretty welcome change from all the shit that I've been trying to keep up with recently.

Other news I updated the links again with more buisness's clsoe and far away that I think are run by good people and worth supporting. I've finally started taking pictures again, but this morining my moniter got fried, so my computer is totally worthless. If anyone has a spare monitor to kick my way let it be done. So unforuntetly I think I'm just going to be stealing pictures from the interweb, like this one.

St. Ratricks is in 2 weeks, and coming fast. Anyone intrested in building a bike and going to Chicago should get a hold of me, right now I'm thinking were tentavley looking at 4-6 people going down, with no idea of how were all getting down their with our bikes. Wisconsin should represent en-force, so consider it. After a trip to the library my pasion for Tom Waits has been brought back. As well as this band http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=13013417 which katie introduced me to. I think I might go get a new tattoo this weekend when I have time. But for now I think I'm going to buy some movies for the film festivle, and some new parts for my bmx bike.

No comments: