Monday, May 7, 2012

no bikes

 This weekend I didn't ride my bike at all.  After Thursday my knee was hurting something fierce so I planned on taking it easy, and I took it easier than I though.  Friday after work Matt and I went morel hunting/dog watching out at Northwest.
 Saturday morning I got up early and made a big breakfast before heading out to my dads house to meet his new dog.
 She is an angel sent from dog heaven.
 Then we high tailed it out after lunch to try to make it to the J for the Derby.  For really no good reason at all I've become obsessed with the Kenucky Derby the past 4 years or so.  I know nothing about horse racing, I just know it's the most exciting two minutes in sports, I get to drink mint juleps, and the Joynt is always packed with funny hats and enthusiastic drunks.
 Afterwards we hung out for quite some time before I hit up a valleycat planning meeting and the firehouse before bedtime.  Sunday I stayed inside and worked on stuff all day.  I left the house twice once to pick up Jens abandoned car and once to get some Simpsons dvds and ice cream.  It ruled.

No comments: