Monday, January 23, 2012

snap

 A while back I noticed what looked like a crack coming out of one of my head tube lugs.  It looked like it could have possibly just been the paint so I ignored it for the time being.  Then about a week ago I noticed it had begun to spread and it was more than likely a frame crack.  The last thing I wanted to deal with was an unexpected frame break, so Saturday I loosened up the headset and trucked over to the nearest staircase to ride down and set to putting the steed down.    


The bike was an old Centurion Cavaletto handed down to me from S.Morfitt some years ago and since then it has been ridden everywhere and taken on multiple personalities as evinced here, herehere, and here among other places in the denizens of this internet blog.  I'm sad to see it go, but I'm happy to see it ridden to death  instead of rotting in a backyard somewhere.  See you in bike heaven. 

No comments: