Tuesday, January 10, 2012

big falls

 Today I finally got out the Frenchman and took advantage of the warm winter we have been having.  I headed out for the Big Falls loop east of town. I've done this loops dozens of times and really enjoy it.  It's got everything you can ask for from a shorter road ride; 30ish miles with straight field sections, wooded curvy sections, a few decent hills, a few rollers, and not a lot of cars.
 It was absolutely gorgeous.  I've rode this route spring, summer, fall, and now winter and I have to say this was by far the prettiest I have ever seen it. It might just be the unique factor of riding it with a little snow on the ground two weeks into January, but whatever the case it was really nice. The sun was out and I even got the arm warmers off for a bit outside the shady sections which were a bit cool, but nothing to complain about all things considered.  I just had to brag about this a bit before the single digit temps come rolling back in next week. Ride your bike!

                           

No comments: