Monday, January 30, 2012

recap

 Saturday was the Powder Keg snowshoe and snow bike race out at Lowes Creek.  Without realizing it until just now this also kicked off a 4 weekend long extravaganza of weekend bike things to do. But more on that in a bit.  
 I went out early to scope out the conditions and lends a hand where hands were needed.  I got to see a whole bunch of people running through the snow and huddle around a fire.  By the time the bike race started quite a few of the runners had cleared out.  I guess that is the risk you run organizing events in the dead of winter.  
 Oodles of people showed up to race and spectate the snow bike race which I was pleasantly surprised to see.  Unfortunately my camera died not long after the Le Mans start
 The group took off together, but by the first lap the skinny bikes had clearly fallen back and the ski trail had begun rutting up enough to make it a chore for everyone.  At this point I was running around the woods hooting and hollering so I don't have much play by play.  The race wrapped up and everyone went in to warm up.  The whole event was fun to go check out and big props to the organizers and racers.
The rest of my weekend was spent laying low and dressing up my cat in onsies I found in the laundry.

.

No comments: