Tuesday, October 18, 2011

moz

It's not every day you get a compliment from a complete stranger. It's even more rare when they are complementing you about your bike/biking, so when a random woman pulled along side me on my ride to work this morning to give me a thumbs up and shout "very cool! great balance!" after pulling away from a light  I couldn't help but smile and thank her.  Which is contrary to my usual reaction of hissing and spitting uncontrollably when yelled at by a motorist. Thanks again lady!  More than anything it is comforting to know that their are still motorists who are still paying attention to the road, something which is second nature when commuting. Speaking of commuting, out of curiosity(boredom) I looked up my 4.5 mile commute today and came up with this impressive graph via veloroutes.org
While I know that their are a couple decent hills on my way to work I love this graph because it makes these hills look exponentially more difficult and bad ass.  Kind of like how this photo of anonymous cyclist last Thursday makes him look like he is going to do something far cooler, presumably a crazy backflip down this rickity ramp, then what really happened, cry and pee his pants out of fear.  The reality of both my commute and the below photo is somewhere between the two extremes, but it's best to leave that to your own imagination.

As well as being reminded of what a talented attractive cyclist I am this morning I was also reminded of the fact that it is indeed Fall and the temperature is on it's way down in a hurry. Which means cold hands, hot drinks, and cyclocross.


Just one week after the fall race of the decade Carson Park Cyclocross will be back in Eau Claire.  The race is only $20 and is $5 in costume, race this, it's a no brainer.  More info here.  I hear a tea kettle whistling and responsibility calling. TNR and HELLCAT on Saturday, be there and bring your fiends, it's going to be out of control.

No comments: