Monday, October 31, 2011

hall

I don't like Halloween.  Don't get me wrong, I love holidays.  They are a reason to get excited, get out of work, eat food, get presents,drink too much, make mistakes etc. etc.  But Halloween is just not my thing.  I attribute a lot of that to working at a thrift store for 2 years, but no matter what the reason it is just nothing I get excited about and it takes a lot for me to 1. Give a shit about it  2. Actively seek out Halloween related events or celebrations and 3. Dress up and partake in those events without being a total grouch.  When they fall in my lap their is a brief moment of elation not because I like Halloween, but just because it allows me to "celebrate" it with my peers and not have to stay home and sulk. I guess it was easier to find a silver lining in people smudging make up on my face or wearing a hot sweaty smelly rubber mask because you know the end result is going to be candy (thanks for the cavities Halloween, really appreciate it!) or maybe you get to throw some eggs at something.  The payoff was just much greater as a kid.  A good Halloween as an adult is really the equivalent of any good weekend night(go out, get goofy, don't get/get anyone pregnant) it just involves a lot more sexy nuns and slutty paperclips.  To the point, I could care less about today as a holiday however, it is the first day of curling practice and the beginning of a new season.  And that excites me tremendously.  So if you expected a "Happy Halloween" post or some garbage like that, you're not getting it.  Instead you are getting a Happy Start of the Curling Season post.    Fin.        

See you on the ice!

No comments: