Monday, September 12, 2011

jawline


This month has been a whirlwind.  Between work and other events it has been pretty much non-stop, and it looks like it will likely remain that way until October at the soonest. That said it has been a very good busy so my complaints aren't really warranted.  Saturday was Jen's birthday so we got up early headed to the farmers market and made a huge breakfast before heading down to "Fed Fest."  "Fed Fest" was an event hosted by dear friend Matt Andrews the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin Share and be Aware Ambassador for Eau Claire that was organized to share the Bike Feds work in the state, and to disseminate literature, information, swag, and free beer. Thanks Matt. Afterwards a big group of us headed out for the Clearwater Beer Fest in Altoona.


Where we proceeded to drink the finest craft beers out there for four hours straight and get thoroughly inebriated before finding ourselves out at Cancun to chow down on burritos.


By the time we were done we took an easy roll downtown and split up. Jen and I headed homeward and the few brave souls and strong livers left headed to the bar. Even after plenty of sleep Sunday morning was still rough trying to get my body to cooperate with me, metabolize pounds of chips and burritos and gallons of beer in time for the Cleghorn race.  Derek got a hold of me and we decided to cop out and drive to the race. I forgot my helmet and had to scramble to get a spare before the race, fortunately the fine organizers namely Jim Blodgett had the foresight to bring a spare.  Got lined up and rolled out. We rounded the second corner and the pack picked up and I fell off the back.  I made a couple shots at bridging the gap from the second pack to the lead, but was stuck out in the middle with two others who wouldn't pull. That stuck me in the middle pulling by myself for the next 15 miles or so.  Pretty lousy showing, but still came in at the top of my age group, and the guy I pulled in gave me $10 for beer afterwards, thanks guy! Somehow Dereks fat ass came in 7th overall and he also got first in his age group. EC Velo podium power.


Came home and took a nap, went to Borders going out of business sale and picked up the newest Superchunk and Felt albums, and three new book including this jem for $8. Came home and made pizza.


Now it's time for me to go back to work. It's warm outside again. Ride your bike.

1 comment: