Tuesday, April 19, 2011

green door

A while ago Jen asked me what I could possibly have in my bag that made it so heavy to lug around all the time. It's not the first time I've been asked that so I figure it's time for a breakdown. Like most of us I tend to live out of my bag, so I usually have an abundance of stuff in it that I deem "essential" whether it is or not.

Sunglasses, notebook, marker, valleycat flyers, and usually an extra pen or two.
Basic first aid. Band-aids, gauze, ibuprofen, alcohol wipes, ear plugs (nothing bothers me more than being at a super loud show and not having ear plugs)
Survival kit. Emergency fire starter, matches, hand warmers from Japan, and baby wipes.
Tubes and pump, I use the Topeak Roadmorph G because everyone was gushing about it and now I know why.
Gerber tool and lighter
And finally my tool kit. Tire levers, patch kit, spare hardware/chain lengths, mutli-tool, adjustable, chain tool, trixie tool, cone wrench, duct tape, 15mm, and a corkscrew.

This is obviously without going in to the extra layers that get carried around depending on the season. And in case you were wondering this is what I use for a bag. They suck, don't get one unless you have an expert tailor with an industrial sewing machine at your disposal.

No comments: