Monday, October 12, 2009

Recap



Saturday was awesome. Thats all I have to say. The whole day I was a bundle of nerves, but by the time we got to Maple Manor it would have been harder to imagine being in a better mood. We avoided getting any rain or snow, and everyone was in awesome spirits despite the wind and chill in the air. Tons of goodies were dished out and there was plenty of dancing. The biggest downside I see is that my camera wouldn't work the entire race so I only got pictures afterwards, I'm sure more pre-race photos will turn up.

After the race there was a bunch of skids and foot down and trackstanding. I'll hopefully get the complete rundown of winners on here this week. We picked up and headed to Magyars and Brians place where we ate a rediculous amount of pizza and drank chocolate milk before heading to the Joynt for a couple pitchers before the afterparty.


We drank 100 beers in around 45 minutes and hung out for a while before deciding to head to Maple Manor to continue the festivities.

There was just an awesome energy the whole night. Lots of awesome people I have never met and lots of old friends. Lots of beer and shots for everyone in the bar. Tons of smiling faces and bike talk. I'm a little bummed that I was feeling so tired/sick because I would have loved to have gotten a little crazier with you all.


I guess I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and making this an awesome day for me and everyone else who helped organize and race. It was awesome. I'm also super excited to hear that plans for an all girls weekly ride may be in the works. Us guys are going to have to step it up a notch now.



Keep your eyes peeled, I will try to get placings up here ASAP. If you would like an additional manifest or spoke card contact me and I will try to get you one seeing as how we have some surplus.
Best bike scene ever.














1 comment:

Annie said...

like I was saying to Betty the other day- I'm wishing I was in Eau Claire because the bike scene is so fucking awesome now! I'm going to visit as soon as I can, but it'll be spring time probably. Glad to see you guys are having a killer time and riding so much!