Wednesday, August 19, 2009

No clever titles. Ever.

Yes, I kicked did kick Magyar in the head while doing a cartwheel. Yes, there was a sizable dent in his head. Yes, I am sorry.

Now that that is out of the way let's move on.
Last Thursday we rode to the drive in . It rained. A lot. We battened the hatches and watched GI Joe through gale force winds. Well for a while. Then the tarp was sabotaged at which time we made a mad dash for indoors and tried to watch from there. Everyone got soaked and it was absolutely fucking amazing. After waiting for a lull in the rain Brian, canyon and I rode back into town along the North Crossing. It was incredible.

I've also come to the conclusion that I have the best friends in the world. I'm a pretty cynical person. I have a lot of little unreasonable prejudices based on asinine shit like what lines of longitude you are from, what beer you drink, where you buy your groceries, and what Asian food restaurants you frequent. And for some reason I have met a group of people that are for the most part willing to overlook these stupid things, or at least call me out on my shit. But more importantly they are ok with letting me drink beer in their cars and eat pounds of greasy food at run down drive-in's in Durand. They do cool things. Like make their own jam and salsa and beer, and share it with each other. The go neat places and pick up funny accents that they can't notice. And share their entrees and their company. And they offer advice on what to do when your cell phone quits working or what to do if you are stuck in a forest in the dead of winter by yourself. They ride bikes with me and walk with me and talk and act like 14 year olds climbing trees in parks. Really guys. Pretty fucking awesome. There is no point to this, just that I feel lucky to have awesome people around me at an arms reach.

No more sappy stuff. Everyone should check out the Tour d'Eau Claire coming up in October. It is going to be fucking huge and awesome. Zacher, OJ, Shawn Brunner, and myself are organizing it. It is more than a race and is suppose to bring in all kind of people from all kinds of riding to one place to really show the strength of the cycling community in Eau Claire. Volunteer or at least show up and race. There will be tons of prizes and fun. Check it out here

I know that there are a bagillion fixed gear videos out there right now, but I thought this one looked interesting. Check it out.

fixed city Trailer [subtitled] from fixed city on Vimeo.

I think I'm going to go check out Bike Polo in Menomonie tomorrow. Call me if you are in. I'm leaving at 5ish.

No comments: