Friday, April 10, 2009

RIP

For those of you who havn't heard yet Thursday afternoon Andrew Duerkop was hit by a car and killed. He was 16 years old. I've only met Andrew a few times, but can't say enough about how much of an awesome kid he was. It is a very very sad day for the cycling community and the world is a little lonlier not having him around. My most sincere condolences to all of Andrews friends and familey and those who knew him better than I. I am deeply deeply sadened by the fact that I will not get a chance to ever know him better, and we all mourn for his loss.

Anyone wishing to please feel free to contact me and know that we are all willing to allocate whatever resources we can to help Andrews family and friends.

A memorial fund has been established at Royal Credit Union under: Andrew J. Duerkop
Memorial Fund.
Donations for the fund wil also be taken this Saturday at Banbury place Bld.17 12-5

Ride safe, and keep you heads up.
David

No comments: