Monday, April 20, 2009

Harbringer


The first shirtless ride of summer happened Thursday. It was awesome and blinding innocent passer-bys with our reflective pale bodies was a plus as well. Cayla met me at bike house for a pre-game beer or to and laying in the sun with an empty stomach they took full effect. A basket of fries at the court-n-house and we learned that everyone was on the ssame page and a few pitchers later the ride to racys was done in a state less than fully coherent.
it was awesome to see a bunch of people riding that had never been, but it was a sad affair because it was Caylas last ride before leaving out west for the summer. Once the troops were rallied we rode into Chippewa sprinting a lot apparently in an effort to rip our legs from our torsos. Beverage breaks under the birdge in Hallie, and sweater finding at the Chippewa skatepark before heading to Glen Loch and going to what seems to be evloving into the official going away spot and laying out under the stars for a long time untill cold caught up and drove us away. The ride back into town went without a hitch other than me fumbling in the dark for my bike lock which was left behind and losing my light breifly. We stopped by banbury and loitered around the broken stairs digging the last beers from our bags working the EC pass to it's fullest extent. nachos downtown paid for with a near empty bank account and a quick ride home.
Friday my head felt like it was split in two, and I slept through my morning class. The afternoon was a haze and I realized that I havn't drank for a while and the punishment I was feeling should have been anticipated. The day went by and before I knew it I was at the Joynt for Caylas going away party with beer in front of me again. We are never to far from comfort.
Before long a migration to the Brat was in order and everyone was turned into a boogie machine into the earliest hours of the morning. Lessons learned from the night before I decided to retire and slipped out after exchanging teary eyed hugs and goodbyes with Cayla. It was sad to say good bye and it is another mark against the wall of people who have left in the past couple months, and the memories and lessons they leave behind. Bye Crotch pad, you will be missed!
I went to thorp with julia on Saturday and her car broke down on the off ramp, it was scary. Then it started and we went to the Thorpedo and everything in the world was right. We both got ice cream treats at McDonalds an toured downtown thorp. It was intimidating being in such a bussling metropolis and at times I forgot I was in Wisconsin, overwhelmed and with tummies full we began the trek back to EC listening to crappy corporate radio. When we got back to town we had an exercise in gunning it through greens and idling up to reds in an effort to keep the car running.
I bought a bunch of beer and went home and napped in the sun untill I went to Jon's for dinner. I had a lot of fun, but was tired, and probobly came off very awkward. Well that is only half true. I felt tired and awkward, so any perception of the later is 100% valid, as I was havinga hard time connecting my own thoughts let alone articulating them. We went to the Sea horse and sang karaoke, and it re-affirmed the belief that I will be very hard pressed to ever sing karaoke ever. No matter how incredible the venu may be. Everyone else went to the Joynt and I rode home in the rain. It felt really good.
Yesterday I worked all day and thought about a bunch of junk that I won't burden you with. i came home and watched TV and drank a few beers and layed in bed for a while untill i fell asleep trying to arrange a calendar of events past, present, and future in my head.
Thats it. That is everything up till today. So what should you take from this? Summer is here(ish) ride your bike, have fun, lets hang out. Oh, yea. And good luck Cayla, we will miss your presence!

1 comment:

Betty Rae said...

The Thorpedo AND the Seahorse both in one day? Sorry I missed it.