Thursday, April 26, 2012

can't maintain

Once the end of any season approaches I begin to seriously neglect basic maintenance on whatever bike I may be riding at the time.  When summer ends I hang up my dry road bike in total disrepair thinking every time "I'll replace all that stuff this winter"  Inevitably I completely forget about all the stuff I broke until the next season and have to scramble to put it back together.  This happens every year without fail.  I've given up even carrying the slightest notion that this will change, it's just part of my existence at this point.  Anyway, the point of this is that towards the end of last year I knew the brakepads on the Bianchi were pretty much toast and this week I finally got around to replacing them.  
They were almost non-existent on the leading edge and not much better the rest of the way through. The moral of the story: Their is none, I already stated I will neglect my shit every change of season no matter what so what's the point in saying I will do otherwise.  Suck on that Aesop.

No comments: