Monday, February 27, 2012

first half

 I'm still dealing with the effects of reality rushing back after a really action packed weekend.  Thursday night Magyar and I hit up some tree forts, went to a secret cave, and rode some bikes off of some ledges.  Somewhere during the night my lock went MIA and I turned in early before anything else could happen.  

 Friday night Jen and I hit up happy hour with some folks before heading over to Nate's Dungeon to check out the I O, Defenstrator, Morality Crisis, Orwell show. It's been some time since I've been to Nate's and this show definitely didn't disappoint.  Like a lot of people going to random house shows was a big part of my adolescence and I feel like that impact was compounded by living so far away from any sort of live music.  When I finally could make it to shows I had no option but to go totally ape shit over whatever band was playing and I still feel that way a lot to this day.  I only caught a couple sets before splitting, but I was totally blown away and I highly recommend checking out the bands.      
After a couple sets Jen and I rode over to Matthews to hang out with some fine folks and eat some fine food in celebration of Andy 1's weekend in town and the WUEC Music Showcase the following day.  Had a blast, rolled home and passed out.

No comments: