Monday, February 21, 2011

comfort


Regular readers of this blog know that I have a tendency to post gratuitous pictures of food and people eating. Why? I really like good food. I love cooking it, eating it, and sharing it with friends and family. The past few days have been non-stop snow and freezing rain which had caused me the biggest headache of a commute imaginable, taking 35 minutes instead of regularly 15. So to blow off stress and provide some much needed snow shoveling/trekking/commuting carbs I've been making lots of food. And to encourage you to get in the kitchen and do a little snowy day cooking yourself I decided to dedicate this entire post to the food of Bikeec past and present. Just a note, I'm a long time vegetarian and all of the food shown is either veg or vegan, yum! Enjoy!

Above: Last nights dinner. Beer/cheese bread with chipotle sweet potatoes and 3 cheese baked ziti.
Broccoli heavy pan noodles
Annual Thanks-curry dinner, lots of different lentil curries, naan, vegan steaks, dumplings and rice.
Ultimate camping breakfast, potatoes, veggie sausage, seasoning, onions, and butter. Wrap it up, throw it on the fire, and enjoy.
Every summer once produce starts getting cheap I try to juice as much as I can. It's good for you, it tastes amazing, and it's fun/easy to do.
Vegan nachos and juice in Portland.
This is the kind of overindulgence that stops me from being vegan. Scrambled eggs with peppers garlic mushrooms and cheese on a bagel with farmer to farmer coffee.
Veg philly cheese steak sandwich.
Pizza farm!
Sushi and wine at Shanghai
Digging in at Pizza Luce in Minneapolis.



It's kind of sick how many pictures of food I have on my computer, this is just the tip of the iceberg. But it will do for now. Stay warm, dry, and hungry.

No comments: