Sunday, December 12, 2010

a brief, yet triumphant, moment of existence





Yesterday we got a new state record 22 inches of snow in 24 hours. That's almost an inch an hour folks! As you can probably figure I spent the majority of the day inside with bottles of Baileys and Sailor Jerry's between shoveling and tromping around buying food. This morning I had to go in to work at 8:30 and despite dreading it I layered up and headed out a few minutes early. I made it to work just fine and in enough time to see my boss getting dropped off.

Then the phone calls came in. Person after person called in reporting that there car had gotten stuck and coudln't make it in because they needed to spend the day digging out. It's times like this I can't help but feel a little smug about riding my bike to work. While everyone is stuck trying to dig out cars all I did was hop on my bike and head out.

This is probably one of my top 10 moments of commuting when you get to really put cars in there place. Ride safe and bundle up everyone it's cold out there.

No comments: