Tuesday, June 8, 2010

where its at







I know, it's been a while. I have had a pretty hard time pulling myself inside to sit at a computer and surf the web with all of the nice weather we've been having, but seeing as how it is rainy and dark and gross out today is the day. Not much going on. re-decorated the house, filled up the recycling bin with bottles and cans, visited my dad and planted some plants.
I rode for a while last Thursday and it felt really good to be back on a bike riding with friends again. I think the same night I attempted to give and the ghetto tat you see above. Some touch up is needed.
Other than that I keep finding myself worrying about summer going to fast and running out of time to do all of the stuff I want to do, but I have to say thus far it's been awesome. And every year I am more and more amazed at how lucky I am. I have a tendency to be really jaded and when I see other people at shows or at work I can't help but think to myself that my life is "more legit" than theirs and my friends/hobbies/work/etc. are better in some way. I know this is a huge problem, but at the same time I feel like I am really privileged to live this around people who try to live passionately and it rubs off. No frills, just living the best you can while you can regardless of the circumstances. I feel like so much in life is forced to fit some sort of mold or expectation and achieve a perfect stereotype and I think that there is something about certain people that allows them to disregard the mold or expectations. Nothing is forced, it just is what it is.
So that's all. I'm feeling optimistic on a gloomy day. i think I am getting the Internet soon so hopefully in the next few weeks updates will be more frequent.
Until then see you on Thursday!

No comments: