Tuesday, September 15, 2009

All things in moderation

Friday night the cops showed up at Dereks house and threatened to arrest us all if we didn't leave. That is the abridged version of the story. There was a lot of shouting and hollow threats made mainly by the police. I was told I couldnt look for my glasses and if I did I would be askig to go to jail. Now that just seems silly.

The event disturebed me for a lot of reasons. Primarily, these cops were really shouty and scary and I wouldn't trust them to walk a small child across the street let alone behave themselves in any real position of authority.
But my other gripe goes to society as a whole. Since when do we just quit talking to eachother about problems and instead go straight to some authority figure to deal with our disputes. Is it unreasonable for a neighbor to go to another neighbors house and ask them a favor? "Can I borrow some sugar?, Could I borrow a rake?, Please keep it down, the baby's sleeping." It really bugs me that people are so isolated from eachother even if they live 50 ft. away. There is this huge disconnect in peoples minds that makes them think that they are only part of a community when they want to be and the rest of the time they can just have other people take care of problems they have. Neighbors sending cops to loom over fences and bark out orders at neighbors is just one of the dumbest things I can think of.







It boils down to the fact that I would just like to see more people interact with eachother genuinly instead of bitching through third parties and back talking. I don't hink Im to much of a victim of this because I think my friends are awesome (Friday proves that) but I'm not ignorant to think that I am impervious to being both perpetrator and reciever of this sort of silly crap.
In other news I'm keeping extrmely busy and I don't like it one bit because it is sidetracking me from things I really care about.



The Tour d'Eau Claire is coming along and you had better get all of your friends on board to make this a huge event.
more info:
A bunch of people raced Cleghorn and did alright. I chickened out and worked instead.
There is a new Urban Velo out, and available online HERE
I really really really like this idea http://torontoist.com/2009/08/bicycle_ticketed_for_excessive_awesomeness.php


These are a bunch of pictures I've had laying around that I thought were worth submitting to the internet.







Im sure there is a lot more to talk about but I can't remember for the life of me what it is. So I will conclude with this.








No comments: