Tuesday, May 12, 2009

9 times out of 5

My liver is smiling, and I am finally fully recovered from the Valleycat on Saturday. If you missed it then I feel very sorry for you. I really don't know what to say othr than it was an awesome time. 10 checkpoints, the winner, bikethink's own Dan Green did 33 miles. I decided it would be a good strategy to get lost on country roads and probobly did around 37 or something and came in 14th. The important parts come after the race is run though.

Despite our bodies trying to push us into a coma, second winds were achieved and by 9pm 240 beers were drank and a beer run was on it's way back. A rediculous amount of chips, brats, burgers, and little debbies were also consumed. There are probably more awesome goofy antics that happened that I could never remember(rollers on a picnic table, wrastle club,super heros and robots showing up, mad dance party,fires, bikes in trees) or express and I don't nesecarily belive that a picture is worth a thousand words, I am more of the persuasion that the most important things happen when cameras are not around, and pictures rarely do justice to their subject matter. But in an effort to express how awesome this was here are a bunch of pictures stolen from Betty and Derek. Enjoy!































Thats all. hats off to Derek and Magyar for organizing an awesome race, and everyone who showed up and everyone who stayed long into the night pushing the boundries of 'learning to hang.'










2 comments:

Betty Rae said...

I am totally bummed that I had to leave before the dance party got underway, but I am glad a good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

I got your zines and really liked the peru one only thing is i couldn't really make your address i just didnt want to right the wrong thing. I have a blog as well :] so i wanted to leave you a comment on your blog instead of sending an email.

hablamos