Monday, January 26, 2009

stateside

Im back from peru. it was really really an incredible experience, and I am really happy I went, but I am soooo freaking happy to see snow again. Even if it means falling on my ass because I haven't been on a bike in over a month and snow is an additional challenge. Bike stuff peru-wise. There are tons and tons of work bikes. most of them are missing chains and cranksets or pedals or seats, and are just pushed, but alot are still ridden. The most impressive one I saw had a modified bed with a familey riding on it and a loudspeaker mounted on the top of a wooden pole. unfortunetly I didnt get many pictures while there. Otherwise there are lots of really realy awful mountain bikes. A TON of single speed mountain bikes, most of which are made by one-off brands and are total junk, but they were cool anyway. Lots of threadless stem adapters for some wierd reason.
Things I've seen used as handlebars:
bar steal
branches
plumbing pipe
pliars
and other assorted scrap metals, usually kept together with wire or tape

That out of the way I am super excited to be back, so call me and we can hang out.

Eat Pictures.





























































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you!