Tuesday, December 16, 2008

partofpartypeople in3d

No, I have not posted in a while. Yes, I suck.
Now that we have that out of the way here is the skinny. It's cold out. Really cold, -30 windchill cold. But yesterday I saw at least 3 friends riding their bikes around town. We are tougher than winter. Saterday was my Syd and my going away party. It was areally good time, and I was super happy to see all of you people who showed up.
If you are in the dark about this still I will explain. While you take the brunt of winter in one week I will be on my way to peru. First stop is visiting familey in chicago, then from there Miami, then ecuador, then peru. My familey is going down there to visit my sister who has been there for over a year doing work for peace corps.
Needless to say I am very nervous and have been using this as the excuse for me being exceptionally high strung recently. I know that it will be fun and it will be good, but at the same time sometimes knowing things doesnt stop you from getting far to drunk and having an emotional breakdown on a telephone.
So what worries me about this trip?
airplanes, language barriers, stomach aches, eating meat, airplanes, being with my familey in close quarters for a month, spending a lot of time in my head, wild animals, blisters, wet socks, bad plans, being poor, being so midwestern, missing friends, etc. etc.

I know if I listed what excites me it would be a much longer list, but once again sometimes knowing isnt everything. So the story goes. Right now I have one more final in approximetly 20 minites, then I am done with another semester. I will return my books, use the internet some more, and go home and start packing. I have one week to turn my apartment into a few rooms filled with boxes, and a bed in the corner. While Im gone hopefully dozens of people will come look at it and see if they think that they would like to live there. It is interesting how impermanent a "home" can be. After so much changed happened in that house, i will stop paying rent, move out, someone else will move in , and it will be a memory.
The same could be said for this trip though I guess. I will pack my bags I will go, i will make another country my impermanent residence, atatch my emotional significane to airplane seats, mountain tops, ocean shores, mud puddles, and hotels. Then I will leave and someone else will take my place there.
I type while I should be studying.
Thank you again everyone for coming out. If you want to see me before I leave you have 7 days to call me. Adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped at your house on the 12th but no one was there oh well pack ya Turbine and Buckman Turner Overdrive CD cause it seems to me "your taking care of business"