Saturday, December 17, 2011

food

 Almost vegan chili, fresh baked bread, and something dark.
 Gnocchi with a red wine reduction, mini baguettes, and veggies.
 Tofu scramble with cous cous.
And just for posterity sake something about bikes.  I don't follow the bike industry.  I try to keep fairly up to date on what is going on, but for the most part I don't have the motivation to follow every product line on the market. So when I saw the new Campagnolo EPS system that came out last month I was caught off guard. As if Di2 wasn't ridiculous enough, now anyone willing to drop upwards of 3 and a half grand on an electronic group has an 11speed Italian option. Anyway, owning one of these groups isn't even in the realm of possibility for most people and that isn't the part that I found really interesting.  The interesting part is that Campagnolo has apparently been finagling with an EPS system since 1992 working with an 8 speed drivetrain. They have a really cool website giving the history of this whole endeavor here. Interesting stuff, check it out.

No comments: