Wednesday, July 20, 2011

commuter man

The other day Volume One posted an article on summer bike commuting in intense heat.  The two major points I think it missed are bring water and bring deodorant. If you commute in this weather you WILL need both, fact.  Hand sanitizer is a nice gesture, but you just need to accept the fact you are going to smell like sweat.  The best way to fix that is bring a sweat towel, wipe down and reapply generous amounts of deodorant. And with all of this insane heat sending people indoors to complain on the internet I decided to take a few pictures of my summertime commuter. 
'
There it is, nothing new or fancy, just a straight forward solid bike that has upwards of ten zillion miles on it of commuting and goof off time. Old Team Miyata, with a hodge-podge of junk on it (Iro cranks, messenger chainring, bianchi quill, turbo saddle, weinman/formula wheels, flop and chops,eggbeaters)and a paint job  that suits it just fine.
 I really can't say how much I like this bike enough, and some day when it falls apart from years of abuse I'm going to be very upset.  Now that my post quota is filled it's time to get in front of a fan and watch the tour stage before heading out into this 115 degree windy garbage weather for work.

No comments: