Monday, June 20, 2011

carbon heavy commuting

I'm flying out early tomorrow for work training stuff in Indianapolis, but before then I wanted to re-cap the past few days.  Saturday Alex, Derek, and I rode out to Menomonie to catch the NVGP.  Despite threats of rain it was a really fast easy dry ride out, and the humidity held off until we got into town.


We watched the crits and hung around the grounds for a while then headed over to The Waterfront for lunch and afterwards we picked up a few refreshments.
Overall it was a really good time, a really good excuse to put on 50 miles. We easily had the loudest cheering section of any of the crowd, and for most of it people were left gawking at how vocal we were.  The good folks at Simple Sports also kindly hooked us up with a few cold beers and good company for part of the day.
After the pro men came in we hit the road and while Derek and Alex felt fine I limped back into town and we stopped in at Elk Lake for another drink before beating the storm into town. You can catch more Nature Valley Grand Prix highlights here.

Sunday was fathers day. My sisters and I went out to my dads house lit fireworks, shot bb guns, drank beers, ate snacks, grilled, rolled dice, and a bunch of other fun summer stuff.
I love my dad.

Well that about sums it up. See you in a few. 

No comments: