Tuesday, May 24, 2011

fan club



I'm firmly of the belief that you will never find anyone who 100% complies with your belief system.  Most the time you even end up disagreeing with yourself on things.  There is this part the "The Monkey Wrench Gang" where our protagonists argue about the ecological downsides of using a chainsaw to cut down billboards along the interstate at which point they decide "forget it, our duty is to destroy billboards." I like that because at a certain point you just have to bite the bullet and realize you are just here to do what you can with the resources given to you.  I like this video because besides all the artsy fartsy prosaic junk it kind of embodies that idea.

It also reminds me of what a unifying force drinking some beer and having fun can be. Plus I'm just a sucker for this sort of contemporary Americana stuff.

No comments: