Monday, October 25, 2010

at it



Saturday was an awesome time. The whole day went off without a hitch. While the turn out was not the biggest ever it was still good enough to make the race really fun. The weather held off just long enough for everyone to race and make it to the after party for prizes and pitcher after pitcher of beer, the ultimate post race prize.
Afterwards a handful of us got food and afterwards I was totally exhausted and headed home. I wish I had taken more pictures, but here are at least a few.









Then Sunday morning I got up early and went to work. The entire time I was riding I was thinking about riding a similar route the day before in an entirely different context. It's funny that racing for me is so much less about placing (all though it would be nice to do one of these days...) and more about just having an opportunity to open up on the same stupid roads that I dread riding to work or school or the store on every other day of the week. Then of course there is the added advantage of doing that with my friends who do the same stupid commutes that get so old in the dead of winter or the hottest days of the year and getting chance to race them. It's the same appeal as TNR in a lot of ways, except you get prizes for racing.

Anyway, all of that is just a way of saying that Saturday was a blast and I can't wait until Ghettocross in a couple weeks. See you then!

No comments: